Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day Two...

Woohoo!  I have a follower!  Thanks Kaitlin for being the first!  Of course, now that I know that someone is reading this, the pressure to be interesting just got more intense!  LOL.  I feel like I have so much to say and I'm not sure where to begin.  Hmmm...perhaps today I'll hop up on my Bryan Stow soapbox!
I love sports.  Sports rivalries are generally the fun part of the experience of supporting your team!  I am a die-hard, born and raised Eagles fan and I adore my team even tho the fans have thrown snowballs at Santa Claus, have never won a Super Bowl and only been to the Super Bowl twice, and hired Michael Vick as soon as he was allowed to play again.  As an "Iggles" fan, I accept these things...these, and that completely bogus movie "Invincible" about Vince Papale, that, while completely entertaining and starring Marky Mark...was still a bunch of, well...crap.  I point all of this out because I, horror of horrors, married a REDSKINS fan!!!  We're in the same division!  For those of you who do not follow American Football, there's nothing worse!  I continue to threaten him with the guest room whenever our teams play each other.  As for other sports?  We disagree on ALL of them!  It's part of the fun!
And then there was the Dodgers v Giants game.  Let me say, not a Giants' fan as they beat my Phillies in the World Series last year.  But again, all in fun...it's a game, people!!!  Or at least that's what Bryan Stow, married paramedic and father of two thought when he donned a Giants shirt and hat and headed to a Giants v Dodgers game a week or so ago.  That was until two Dodger fans saw him and singled him out.  They beat him to within an inch of his life and he remains in a coma.
Where to begin?  Clearly these two fine, upstanding, young gentleman (and Dodger fans) had gone to the game with the intention of cause serious harm (at a minimum) to a Giant's fan.  They had a getaway car waiting...driven by a woman with a small boy in the car with her, setting an excellent example, wouldn't you say?
But it gets worse.  Donations have come flooding in to help with Bryan's medical bills, and hopefully, there will eventually be enough to help his wife and children in the long term, no matter what happens...God forbid!  Who is behind the donations, you ask?  I am, you are, our friends and neighbors are.  Who is NOT?  The LA Dodgers!!!  Don't be fooled, darlings, yes, they "hosted" a drive-thru fundraiser.  I, myself, have participated in a number of these for the American Red Cross.  You pull thru a line in a parking lot and put your donations in a bucket or other receptacle without having to leave your car and said buckets are held by whomever is "hosting" the event.  What they have conveniently kept out of the press is that the Dodgers organization has not donated a penny to Bryan Stow, his family, or his medical bills.
I am beyond horrified that an organization worth easily hundreds of millions of dollars has so little compassion that they have not only not offered a reward of the apprehension of the thugs who put this man in a coma, but they have not offered, nor have any of their players as individuals, one red cent, to do so much as cover this man's medical bills!!

Sorry, I know this wasn't a happy post, but I had to get this off my chest before I exploded!!!


XOXO
~CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment